Sorry I’ve been a little MIA lately. Last week I picked up whatever germs Mr M brought home from work the previous weekend and was on the couch most of the week nursing a cold. Then, just as I was feeling better, I got hit with a bout of food poisoning. Oy! I’m finally feeling better, but still nursing stomach issues and some chest congestion. Fun times!
Thankfully, the loving blog community has kept my spirits up by nominating me for a couple of awards in the past few weeks.
Pavithra from Eat, Live, Burp nominated me for the Shin on Award.
Adria from Healthy Vegans Vegan nominated me for a Liebster Award.
Poppy from Poppy’s Patisserie/Bunny Kitchen nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award.
Now, onto the fun stuff 🙂
Each award requires answering some questions about yourself to share with others and then spreading the love to fellow bloggers. Let’s see what I can come up with.
The rules for Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award are:
1 Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2 Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and a link back.
3 Answer 10 questions given.
4 Nominate up to 12 bloggers for Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
5 Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
What is your favorite color? — Red
Your favorite animal? — All of them? Right now I’m partial to goldfish and cats. (Hi Betty and DC!)
Your favorite non-alcoholic drinks? — GT’s Kombucha in Triology – followed closely by the Multigreen flavor
Facebook or Twitter? — Facebook (but I’m trying to use Twitter more!)
Your favorite pattern? — um…polka-dots?
Do you prefer getting or giving presents? — I love getting presents. Who doesnt?! But, I love giving presents, too 🙂
Your favorite number? — 6
Your favorite day of the week? — I don’t have a favorite, but I have a least favorite – Sunday.
Your favorite flower? — Yellow Tulips
What is your passion? — Vegan/Raw Vegan Nutrition – for myself and others
1. Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and a link back.
3. Share 7 random interesting things about yourself.
4. Nominate up to 15 bloggers for Shine On Award, provide a link to their blogs in your post, and notify them on their blogs.
5. Copy and paste the award somewhere on your blog.
Seven Random Things About Me
1. I have a 10 year old goldfish named Betty.
2. Our cat’s name is Dick Cheney, and he knows his name and comes when he’s called. (I’m sure our neighbors think we’re crazy always calling for Dick Cheney. Ha ha ha!)
3. I add vanilla to almost everything sweet that I eat or drink: smoothies, raw cookies, nut/seed milk, hot drinks – everything!
4. I randomly eat olives throughout the day – big, pimento stuffed green olives. Yum!
5. I am allergic to agave. I found out the hard way – via a strong margarita. If I have even a tiny bit, I break out in hives. They start on my chest and make their way to the rest of my body rather quickly. Not fun.
6. Before I discovered the wonders of dates, I used to eat prunes every night before bed.
7. I’ve been running for almost three years, but I still can’t run an entire 5k without walking. (When I say can’t, I mean my brain won’t let me. I am physically able. Silly, isn’t it?)
Here’s how it works… After receiving the nomination, you must:
- Acknowledge the nominating blogger
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
- List 11 bloggers who have less than 300 followers (as best as you can tell based on the info provided!). They should be bloggers that you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love!
- Post 11 questions for the bloggers that you nominated to answer (you cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you)
- Let all of the bloggers know that they’ve been nominated
11 Questions asked of me…
- How long have you been blogging? This month marks my 3 year blogaversery!
- What are your goals with your blog? Originally, the goal was just to share the vegan recipes I was creating in my home kitchen. But, as my diet has evolved, so has my goal for the blog. I went from simply eliminating animal products (from an already vegetarian diet) to a gluten-free vegan diet to where I am now at high raw (usually low fat) vegan. The blog has followed suit, and soon, it will have a new look and showcase the other aspects of veganism for me – health coaching, cooking coaching, homemade eats and treats, juice feasting, and more!
- If there was one meal you could eat every day what would it be? My kale salad: kale massaged with EVOO and tossed with some diced tomatoes, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and oregano.
- Short or long hair? Somewhere in the middle
- When you eat out, what alterations to your menu selection do you usually ask waiters to make? I don’t eat out very often because I ask them to hold or alter everything!
- What is your favorite fruit? Apples! Watermelon and cherries are a close second. Oh, and dates 🙂
- Are there any foods (other than animal products) that you avoid in your daily life because you feel they are to unhealthy? Personally, grains seem to be unhealthy for me. They make whatever causes my heart palpitations to flair up, so I generally avoid them – glutenous our otherwise.
- What’s your typical exercise routine? I lift heavy weights at least three times a week and hit the treadmill or the park at least four times a week. Lately, I’ve had a little more time, so I’ve been able to add in bike riding and yoga. Love yoga!
- City slicker or country lover – which are you? small town
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you be? I’ve not traveled many places, so I only have what I’ve read and seen on TV to go by, but it seems as if I’d really enjoy living in the Pacific Northwest or maybe even California.
- What is your favorite vegan product? (Can be clothing, skincare, etc.) Dr. Bronner’s That stuff is magic! (Honorable mention: coconut oil. I use it for everything!)
Phew…that was a lot of information!
I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit more about me and what I’ve been up to lately.